Registration Now Open
Jordan Nutrition Innovation Lab: First National Scientific Symposium
August 16-18th, 2022 | Kempinski Hotel | Amman, Jordan
Please join us for the first Jordan Nutrition Innovation Lab (JNIL) National Scientific Symposium, “Diets, Nutrition and Health in Jordan: Promoting Science-Based Actions to Support Mothers, Infants, and Children." This event will be held on August 16th-18th, 2022 at the Kempinski Hotel in Amman, Jordan.
The inaugural symposium is supported by the United States Agency for International Development Mission in Jordan (USAID/Jordan) and will bring together government and non-government stakeholders, regional and international scholars, academics, researchers, students, and program specialists to promote sharing, understanding, and adoption of rigorous evidence on maternal and young child nutrition and health in Jordan.
The inaugural symposium will provide a forum for:
- Presenting cutting edge evidence and discussing its relevance to current and future programs and policies around maternal, infant, and young child health and nutrition (MIYCHN) in Jordan.
- Sharing success stories and case studies on behavior change around breastfeeding, complementary feeding, diets of women of reproductive age and reproductive health.
- Promoting engagement among policymakers, researchers, faculty, students, program implementers, and other stakeholders to link research and academia to real-life policy and program development and implementation in Jordan.
The three-day symposium will include invited plenary sessions, keynote addresses, and policy dialogues as well as competed oral and poster presentation sessions to share cutting-edge science and evidence. The symposium will also provide an opportunity for local academics, students, and young professionals to participate in learning labs (short workshops) to enrich their knowledge of novel tools, methods, and metrics on MIYCHN research and programs.
This event is free to attend, and is organized by the Jordan Nutrition Innovation Lab at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University in collaboration with the University of Jordan (Faculty of Nursing, Medicine, Agriculture/Nutrition). Stay in touch by following us on Facebook and Twitter, or email us at JNILSymposium@gmail.com.
Now Accepting Abstract Submissions
We are accepting abstracts to be considered for speaking and poster opportunities at the in-person event in Amman, Jordan. We welcome abstracts under the following broad research themes:
- Nutrition transition with a focus on women of reproductive age and young children
- Maternal health, nutritional status, and diet quality
- Infant and young child nutritional status, feeding, health and diets
- Research around policies and programs targeting maternal, infant and young child nutrition